Thursday, February 25, 2010

1975 - Number 4

I've made a new rule for this SNL viewing I'm doing. I can't be drunk. Hmm. Now that I think about it maybe I should be drunk. Maybe that's how it is intended to be watched. After all who is sober at 11 PM on a Saturday? Maybe just maybe that's why I've never really laughed at this. Drinking. I should watch each episode sober then drunk as a science experiment. Take it to the science fair. That should get me a blue ribbon. But that seems like a lot of work. Oh well, rule already made - sober it is.

I'm just going to have to say that I don't get this joke, in these last few episodes before they go to a commercial they go to someone in the audience and put some kind of caption under the persons name. I think they are supposed to be jokes but I don't think I'm 1975 enough.

Ew. worst musical act. that i've seen so far. i'm sure there are more to come.

I'm starting to run out of things to say. I could just sit and recap the episodes moment by moment but that just might be as boring as watching every episode. Chevy's opening was funny. Shark bit went to long. (wasn't that entertaining?)

This isn't funny. Why does it need to be an hour and five min long? I need to investigate where this segment of time came from. Maybe this element is the key ingredient to funny. I worry it’s too much. But I’m still early on this journey.

This next part is going to be hard to describe. But I don't like when someone is doing stand-up and they say a line that ended up getting a laugh that seems unexpected, or larger than what I will call the “expected laugh.” And then the comedian ends up pausing and repeating the line. Which entices an awkward second flow of laughing. I always feel like it is them being greedy. They want that free extra laugh.

Side note, it’s bizarre how listening to women talking about ERA has become a nice break from hearing about health care reform.

I survived.

No comments: